Elder Scrolls Tabletop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, there, and Welcome

+6
Outlander
Khundakar
Dagoth Durr
Rainbay
Saint Jiub
Admin
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello, there, and Welcome Empty Hello, there, and Welcome

Post  Admin Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey, everybody. I'm the Admin because they wouldn't let me have any other name. Set this up because I wish to combine my two loves: Morrowind and Tabletop Roleplaying. So, I hope to see everyone around, even if you're not working. Just hang out or follow along, and it'll be cool.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://elderscrollspnp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hello, there, and Welcome Empty Re: Hello, there, and Welcome

Post  Saint Jiub Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:39 pm

I just realized there was in intro thread.

I'm Saint Jiub. I drove the cliffracers from Vvardenfell.

You're fucking welcome.
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:52 pm

You didn't know?
That would explain your cliffracer driving boasts in the rules section.

I'm Rainbay. I gain an unreasonably high post count for the amount of work I actually do.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Now, Rainbay, you don't want me to disable post-counts, do you? It's not a measure of e-peen. Even people with fewer posts than your admittedly impressive amount can contribute.

Now, if you want I can get the e-peen meter up and running but I think that costs extra. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 pm

I was actually mocking myself for contributing so little while posting alot of nothing, most people with half my post count actually contribute twice as much real work. I actually prefer anonymous posting if it is available, having read the essay Shii wrote on the benefits of anonymity.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Anonymity would be preferable, yes, but I think the benefits of a forum outweigh the potential problems identity may cause. In all seriousness, though I think that I might disable post-count so as not to encourage a more serious sort of person who equates number of posts with credibility.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:47 am

I'm the faggot from the original thread that kept bitching that chitin should be worse than iron.

I continue the tradition here, by nitpicking everything everyone else posts while contributing nothing of my own.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:40 am

Oh, and just so you guys know, my posting will be somewhat sporadic. I'll try and be as productive as I can when I'm available, but you might not hear from me for a few days at a time due to unspecified chronic illness. Note that this isn't a plea for pity; I just want to let you know that, if it seems like I've dropped off the face of the world for a few days, it's not because I'm lazy or have given up on the project.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 am

Admin wrote:Oh, and just so you guys know, my posting will be somewhat sporadic. I'll try and be as productive as I can when I'm available, but you might not hear from me for a few days at a time due to unspecified chronic illness. Note that this isn't a plea for pity; I just want to let you know that, if it seems like I've dropped off the face of the world for a few days, it's not because I'm lazy or have given up on the project.

...right, it's because you've died, got it.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Khundakar Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 am

Hithar. I'm the guy ho offered to build a mod for /tg/ The thread had hit autosage by that point though and it was too late at night to start a new one, so someone suggested I make a thread here. Probably a good idea, since having a thread here will provide a more stable place for planning it out, if anyone is interested that is.

As far as working on the pnp game, I know next to nothing about tabletop games, but I am a pretty big lore buff and am familiar with the mechanics of the games. If I see anywhere I might be able to contribute, I'll certainly try.

Khundakar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 am

Hiya, nice to have you with us. I'd give you a better greeting but I am so tired I am currently wobbling. I really should go to sleep.

Feel free to look over the rule's section and add some comments if you want to. Give me something to respond to when I come back later!

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Outlander Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 pm

I've been posting on 4chan so long that I am unaccustomed to having an identity online. I don't think I've posted non-anonymously since Chanology... But anyway, yeah. Hi. I'm me. I think I only even looked at this forum because someone promised that the good names hadn't been taken yet, and I wanted to snag Outlander just so that nobody else could have it. I saw that everyone else here was being awesome and productive, so I decided to try to join in. Eh wot.

Outlander

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Outlander wrote:I've been posting on 4chan so long that I am unaccustomed to having an identity online. I don't think I've posted non-anonymously since Chanology... But anyway, yeah. Hi. I'm me. I think I only even looked at this forum because someone promised that the good names hadn't been taken yet, and I wanted to snag Outlander just so that nobody else could have it. I saw that everyone else here was being awesome and productive, so I decided to try to join in. Eh wot.

Wake up, outlander. You were having a nightmare. We're almost there. I'm sure they'll let us go...
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Saint Jiub wrote:Wake up, outlander. You were having a nightmare. We're almost there. I'm sure they'll let us go...

oh god the nostalgia, it hurts.
I really need to buy this game so I won't have to pirate it to get it back. Fucking sucks that my computer i had it installed on quit on me.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Volbius Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Salutations to all, and a redundant good-day.
I am Volbius, and am glad to join you guys in a project near and dear to my heart. Morrowind was one of the games that convinced me to take up game design, and although I haven't done much P&P roleplaying, I have enjoyed that which I have played.
So, this project combines three of my greatest interests. How can I NOT join up?

Hope that I'll be discussing with you all soon. See you then!

Saint Jiub wrote:Wake up, outlander. You were having a nightmare. We're almost there. I'm sure they'll let us go...

Also, the nostalgia hurts so good. Damn, every time I start up a new character, I get the chills like crazy.

Last edited by Volbius on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Volbius
Volbius

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Volbius wrote:Salutations to all, and a redundant good-day.
I am Volbius, and am glad to join you guys in a project near and dear to my heart. Morrowind was one of the games that convinced me to take up game design, and although I haven't done much P&P roleplaying, I have enjoyed that which I have played.
So, this project combines three of my greatest interests. How can I NOT join up?

Hope that I'll be discussing with you all soon. See you then!

Sweet! A game designer! Now we're cooking with gas!

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Volbius Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Now, I'm not employed as a game designer - don't get the wrong idea. But it is my greatest hobby, and I hope to make it my profession in a few years.

EDIT: I even have a very small group of friends that share the interest. I might be able to convince one to join the project.
Volbius
Volbius

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, it's good to have you on the team. The more hands helping the faster this will go and the better the finished product will be. I hope that you're familiar with an old saying about monkeys, typewriters, and Shakespeare, because that's the approach we're taking to game design! I kid, I kid of course. Anyways, welcome. Our rules forum is hopping, and if you want reading through some of the stuff there would be a good start. Or you could just hang out in the Fan-wankery section. Whatever floats your boat.

Hmm. If I want to attract non-fa/tg/uys to this project I may need to update our image. Start wearing a metaphorical tie, shave the metaphorical scraggly beard, and so forth. Maybe rename "Fan-wankery" to "Lore Discussion" or some such nonsense.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mercury01 Thu May 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi there! I'm mercury01.

I like Morrowind and I draw stuff. I'm not sure if that can be of any use, but I'd like to contribute something. Also, I'm keen on making cliffracers as annoying in PnP as they are in-game.

I swiped my avatar from the Sexy Daedric Armor mod because I can't make screenshots. :T
mercury01
mercury01

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Hello there. Good to have you aboard the team! Doesn't matter how much or how little you contribute, so long as you're willing to chip in at least a little bit. We try to keep things fairly relaxed around here. Anyway, if we ever put out a PDF of the finished game, you'd be welcome to do some drawing for it. Or just doodle on your own. Or, hey, make posts in the Lore or Game sub-fora.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fargoth Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm

I'll go by Fargoth for my duration here. I've been playing tabletop games for a long time now and Morrowind for even longer. I was about to make a campaign setting to put morrowind in a tabletop game and when I brought it up, someone linked me here. I'll help out where I can and I hope I can be of use. Morrowind is amazing and I hope I can help you to produce a high enough quality game to allow people, who have never heard of the elder scroll,s a top notch roleplaying experience.

-Fargoth
Fargoth
Fargoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Tue May 25, 2010 11:42 am

Fargoth
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

On a more serious note, welcome to the forums! There's an awful lot of back reading to do, so feel free to dive in, or wait a couple days til I get this stuff all compiled in the master archive.
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hello, there, and Welcome Empty 'ere, what's this then?

Post  Baragei Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am

And where is the game? Very Happy
I'll be tagging along, if you don't mind. I really want to see what you come up with.

Baragei

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 pm

ATTENTION FORUM POSTERS, LURKERS, BROWSERS, AND ASSORTED N'WAH AND SWITS!

Saint Jiub has returned to drive the Cliff Racers from this forum and make it once again safe to enter. I am back from my two-and-a-half week vacation and will be returning to my great project, the Rules Compilation, within the week. Anyone still interested in participating in this project, please make some kind of post to let me know that you're still here.

Things I would like someone to do.
Anyone with a PDF editor and any modicum of skill:
Based on the Character Creation thread and rules we have so far, design some kind of character record sheet for the Morrowind Tabletop.
Anyone with any sort of game-mastering skill and experience:
I am terrible at being a DM. I am somewhat disorganized and have a hard time translating my cool ideas into adventures. So if one of you smart young lads or lasses will start brainstorming what you'd like to run an adventure based on, I'll know what rules I need to prioritize finishing first.
Anyone with ideas:
We still need to work on our Skill Perks, and while we've got the basics of our Magicka system, we still know nothing at all about how we're gonna create our spells or cost them once they're created. We need people to go over the rules I have archived so far and lemme know what is good, what needs work, what's clear and what's confusing. Let's get to it, ladies and gentlemer.
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 pm

I AM PRESENT SIR.

I shall review the skill perks and try to come up with a very basic adventure for us to play through. Shall we make it a single-player thing versus a handful of encounters, some random loot and a minor BBEG?
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum