Elder Scrolls Tabletop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voices, Shouts, and Thu'um

+2
Rainbay
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Voices, Shouts, and Thu'um Empty Voices, Shouts, and Thu'um

Post  Admin Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Gentlemen, I think that Nordic battle-magic is basically the coolest thing ever, and I wish to incorporate it somehow into the tabletop, despite no actual appearances of it in the games themselves. I don't plan on incorporating it for a long, long while, at least not until we have the basic system basically agreed upon and everything mostly working.

That being said, this is the thread for things you want to see in the tabletop that may not be done for a while. Gentlemen, start your wistful thinking! Or not, 'cause we have work to do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://elderscrollspnp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Voices, Shouts, and Thu'um Empty Re: Voices, Shouts, and Thu'um

Post  Rainbay Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 pm

I'd say necromancy, but that actually seems easy to incorporate compared to The Voice, Thu'um. Even though Thu'um is way more cool, even by the standards of Necromancy being badass.

So perhaps more kinds of werecreatures. We've only ever had Wereboars and Werewolves, and even then, Wereboars were only in daggerfall. I'd like the option to be a wearbear, or a werecroc, or a werelion... Hell, even a werevulture (flight is always fun!). I know we aren't yet to the stage where we can incorporate this yet, but I do hope we reach that stage eventually.

Also, when we cover werecreatures, stat and skill changes should be done similar to the morrowind mod "Werewolf Evolution", which can be seen here:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=2671

Basically, instead of setting stats to a certain level with the change, it boosts them, using 50 as the basic amount and boosting them the amount they would need to boost to reach the amount morrowind set them at. So since in bloodmoon you have 90 speed in werewolf form, it boosts speed by 40 when you transform. If you have less than 50 base speed, you are slower than you would be as a vanilla bloodmoon wolf, if you have above 50 you are faster. Thus there is never an occasion where you actually become WEAKER because you are a werewolf, similar to how you never become weaker in stats for being a vampire.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm

I have terrible visions of someone running a were-cliffracer.
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 pm

LessRudeScrib wrote:were-cliffracer.

Sounds like a BBEG if every there was one.

*shudder*

Imagine, venturing into a seemingy normal time, the townspeople all being friendly, if a little distant. You rest at the inn after the long adventure, spending time in the tavern and deciding to resupply at the local store in the morning.

Then, you hear sounds... the sounds of a thousand screes. Every villiager has turned into a twisted, horrible form of their human form, their flapping wings blocking out the night sky.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 pm

I think this becomes the ES:PNP version of "rocks fall, everyone dies."

"Fuck it, you hear a terrible chorus of SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and see the horrible transformation of everyone around you into a hideous, plumed form. Roll up new characters."
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 am

More vampires. All the different bloodlines are really different. Remember reading an in game book that featured Nordic vampires from up in Skyrim that lived under frozen lakes.

Of course, then it's Vampire: The Elder Scrolls.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:39 am

Just thought of something else. It would be nice if mounted combat could be included in some form. Most of the armies of Tamriel have cavalry. Although it might be of little utility for adventurers crawling around in caves and daedric ruins.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:33 am

Mounted Combat. Golden! I wanna play a Dunmer cavalier charging into battle astride a huge black War-gar!
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 am

Saint Jiub wrote:Mounted Combat. Golden! I wanna play a Dunmer cavalier charging into battle astride a huge black War-gar!

Or play as a vile cliffracer rider! Fiend of fiends!

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad Von Curio Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 am

So I suppose Necromancer and Cultists of Worms would be lurking in the Telvanni areas. What should the Telvanni attitude be towards the King of Worms?

LessRudeScrib wrote:were-cliffracer.
Why you do this? Shocked
Konrad Von Curio
Konrad Von Curio

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:59 am

Rainbay wrote:
Saint Jiub wrote:Mounted Combat. Golden! I wanna play a Dunmer cavalier charging into battle astride a huge black War-gar!

Or play as a vile cliffracer rider! Fiend of fiends!
A were-cliffracer riding a cliffracer, reveling in the slaughter it creates to appease its vile cliffracer gods!
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Konrad Von Curio wrote:So I suppose Necromancer and Cultists of Worms would be lurking in the Telvanni areas. What should the Telvanni attitude be towards the King of Worms?

They wouldn't give a damn about Necromancy and necromancers, although they might not particularly care for the King of Worms out of professional jealousy. I imagine that, if he had to operate in that region, they would be tenuous allies. Although, if he just stuck to High Rock and Cyrodiil, he might be in somewhat regular correspondence with one or two Telvanni mage-lords over magical theories and the like. They might not really like or trust each other, but they would definitely respect each other.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://elderscrollspnp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad Von Curio Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Well they are probably all somewhat impressed that he managed to achieve godhood as well.

Also, I might have to draw a were-cliffracer doing the WRYYYYY-pose and later find a scanner to haunt you guys with SCREEEEE.
Konrad Von Curio
Konrad Von Curio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Konrad Von Curio wrote:
Also, I might have to draw a were-cliffracer doing the WRYYYYY-pose and later find a scanner to haunt you guys with SCREEEEE.

I sense a new avatar coming along!

And yes, necromancy is nothing special to the telvanni. There are numerous times when this comes in conflict with the other houses and factions, with them sending you to murder some telvanni necromancer who just wants to mind his own business and make dead things come back to life. The counciler dratha is even said to use necromatic arts in order to keep herself alive longer, so old is she.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:00 pm

SKRWYYYYEEEE
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:45 am

I think Telvanni's attitude to the God of Worms worshipers would be the same as with everything else. "You leave us alone and we'll leave you alone." Although they might occasionally exchange magical favors.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum