Elder Scrolls Tabletop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morrowind: the Gathering

4 posters

Go down

Morrowind: the Gathering Empty Morrowind: the Gathering

Post  Hexx Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Any Magicfags about? I had the idea of using MSE (Magic Set Editor) to try my hand at making a few Morrowind-themed cards. Got these two:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/ordinator.png/
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/elamandas.png/

Anyone creative enough to fancy contributing?
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Morrowind: the Gathering Empty Re: Morrowind: the Gathering

Post  mercury01 Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Boy, Ordinators are surprisingly vanilla. I thought for sure they'd be white-red, with double strike and haste. Maybe an ability like "At the beginning of your end step, if Ordinator didn't attack this turn, Ordinator deals 2 damage to you."
mercury01
mercury01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Fri May 21, 2010 5:35 am

Oh uhh *blush* I'm not really that big into Magic and I'm very much terrible at deckbuilding. Was mostly just a group idea for giggles, didn't really get off. I thought Ordinators were the basic infantry though, as they have no scouts or lower "level" ones apart from things like Her Hand's Guard etc.
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 am

They're the basic TEMPLE infantry, but I think they're taken from the best of the best of devouts from other houses. They do stuff like hunting vampires and daedric cultists and all. They have to be pretty damn tough. Those gold-hats at Ald Daedroth were just regular ordinators, after all.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Fri May 21, 2010 9:01 am

Here's one I did. Been ages since I played Magic so not sure I've got this set up right...

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img9/3041/dagothurcard.jpg
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Fri May 21, 2010 9:08 am

And I already see my fuck ups. It should be Legendary Creature - Heartwight, and regenerate from green instead of red.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  mercury01 Fri May 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Hmmm. I dunno about that one either. You'll never get him out onto the field.

Dagoth Ur should have lots of interaction. Make him Green/black, if anything. The way I see it, he'd need followers, so

Dagoth Ur
2GB
Legendary Creature - Avatar
Trample, Indestructible
When Dagoth Ur comes into play, put six ash counters on it. Dagoth Ur cannot attack or block if it has any ash counters on it.
During your upkeep, you may move an ash counter onto a creature you control with no ash counters on it.
8/5

You could even have followers!

Ash Zombie
1B
Creature - Zombie
When Ash Zombie comes into play, you may move an ash counter onto it from any other creature.
If Ash Zombie has an ash counter on it, it has haste.
2/1

Ash Slave
2B
Creature - Zombie
When Ash Slave comes into play, you may move an ash counter onto it from any other creature.
If Ash Slave has an ash counter on it, it gains "Tap: Ash Slave deals 1 damage to target creature or player."
1/1

Ash Ghoul
2BB
Creature - Horror Wizard
Ash Ghoul comes into play with two ash counters on it.
Remove an ash counter from Ash Ghoul: target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
3/2

Corprus Stalker
BB
Creature - Zombie
Corprus Stalker comes into play with an ash counter on it.
Remove an ash counter from Corprus Stalker: Regenerate Corprus Stalker.
3/1

You get the idea. Ascended Sleepers should confer bonuses on creatures with ash counters on 'em, I figure.
mercury01
mercury01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Y'know that actually sounds pretty damn good!

It would be amazing if we got so much progress done in the P&P that it grows to encompass several other "minigames" of sorts, like a simultaneous MTG release. I have no idea on how many cards would be needed per colour/deck build though. Or game balance. Guess I shouldn't open my big mouth when I dunno how shit works ehehe -_-
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Sat May 22, 2010 8:14 am

Found this awesome art and had to make a card out of it.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img687/9159/dunmerisellsword.jpg
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Sat May 22, 2010 8:18 am

So we all agree Dunmer should be primarily red? Maybe Ordinators red/white and Telvanni red/black.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  mercury01 Sat May 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Why red? Just because they live on a volcano?
mercury01
mercury01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Sun May 23, 2010 4:48 am

"That's racist!!1" etc Razz

I would class Dunmer as being Red though, not because of that. Ash skin, red eyes, fiery personalities and attitudes and yeah Red Mountain and such are a core part of their mythology, livelihood (glass and ebony) etc.

I'd class telvanni as red/blue due to lots of magic tricks. and yeah, ordinators red/white due to HOLY PEACEKEEPERS.
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Sun May 23, 2010 6:46 am

Telvanni do seem pretty well suited to blue now that I think on it. Telvanni would totally counter spell your deck into oblivion going "Problem, serjo?".
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Morrowind: the Gathering Empty so guys

Post  f-nark Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 am

ive been doin the whole magic set editor thing for the past four months when im not potfarming or reading shit on my kindle and DeviantArt has a great touch screen site so i spend alot of time on there and i always see shit that makes me wish it was in MTG and im looking for a mod for tes3mw and i cant find any but i did find this post and i will now be making a 128 card set based soully on morrowind and maybe all of Nirn in general so i could do a 360 card series instead of sets for the different regions/games(thats pretty much what it is right? the games are each in a different region with arena and daggerfall being being the next best after skyrim[1.morrowind 2.skyrim 3.daggerfall 4. atrena 5.oblivion hence TES1-5])...seriously fuck you oblivion was a piece of shit game and you fuckin know it....sorry if this sounds like facebook im high as balls and made the account just to reply about this...way far back to the topic we go, so if anyone would like my to post links to the cards when i finish them just fuckin hit me up and ill get your email or some random shit to get ahold of you ight peace

f-nark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum