Elder Scrolls Tabletop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playtest Campaign

5 posters

Go down

Playtest Campaign Empty Playtest Campaign

Post  Hexx Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Right, here's the general idea for the playtest campaign. We need something short and sweet that involves pretty much all the skill/systems at one point or another, so here's what I came up with (stats of player character and NPCs will come after people tell me if this is decent or not):

Big smuggler's den, kinda like Addamassartus. 3 sections.

First section has 2 branching rooms. First has a fighter type NPC with both melee and marksman. He'll do ranged until you get close enough, then he'll charge. Kill him and you get two chests (both unlocked) that contain basic items (one has ingredients, the other has basic items like lockpicks, probes etc).

The other room has a rogue-type NPC who won't attack straight off. He'll engage in a short conversation where you will be allowed to try convincing him with speechcraft/mercentile (as in bribes). If yes, you get him as an ally or he just doesn't attack you. Two more chests behind him (both locked this time), one having a enchanted weapon, the other an enchanted armor piece.

Second section is just a long wide corridor with a caster-type NPC. once defeated you'll find another chest behind him (locked) that has a spell scroll and a potion.

third section is the Big Bad. He'll have conjuration and will sic his summoned daedra at you to see how strong you are, then uses a few status spells to try and mess you up. Once defeated, Vivec appears and sodomizes you.

This should cover most everything from melee/ranged combat, spells, scrolls, potions, speech-related mindgames, pets, status effects, loot and loot-tables, locks, traps etc.
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Playtest Campaign Empty Re: Playtest Campaign

Post  Saint Jiub Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 pm

It does look like you've covered nearly everything we have so far (and a few things, such as daedric creatures, that we'll need to work on) pretty much covered in one way or another. However, you might want to make another room, an obstacle challenge, platformer kind of thing, where you have to either swim through a tunnel (using athletics) or jump across (using acrobatics) - either of which can also be navigated using alteration magic instead (swift swim or jump/levitate, respectively).
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 am

Good idea. I'll make that obstacle course after the Big Bad so the character can escape (You enter the den, ROCKS FALL NO-ONE DIES, you must find an escape route before venturing forth).

A submerged tunnel with a pool (swimming and diving/holding breath) which leads to a vertical tunnel with stepping stones up (kinda like those ancestral burial mounds for the ash tribes) you can pass with acrobatics or spells, leading into a spikes-shoot-out-through-walls trap you have to take dodge rolls for.

Then you finally escape. Sounds good enough ?
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Slotha Sil Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:55 am

Saint Jiub wrote:jump across (using acrobatics)
Put an invisible rock in the way, so that anyone who tries that hits and falls in the water. That should spice it up.
Slotha Sil
Slotha Sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:57 am

Slotha Sil wrote:
Saint Jiub wrote:jump across (using acrobatics)
Put an invisible rock in the way, so that anyone who tries that hits and falls in the water. That should spice it up.

Dick move. Razz I was trying to make it so that an acro character, a physical character, or a mage could all pass using a relevant skill.
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:08 pm

right, sorry been a bit busy lately. I need to know a few things before I sit down and make the bones of this campaign:

1) How are we rolling the character/sheet? Do I simply make up a few level 1 characters in Morrowind and go with those stats/abilities?

2) How are we doing the loot table stuff? I have chests (both locked and unlocked) planned but I don't think we even thought about that stuff yet.

3) I am quite concerned about the fact we probably can't even make the bones of the playtest campaign until we actually settle on most of the rules and combat systems.. what does everyone think?
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Well, at one point we thought we had the barebones set, but with the return of other members of the project (namely Slotha Sil and Dagoth Durr) we've been tossing new ideas around.
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Hm. guess we need to actually wait till we have most of the rules and systems ready before we can even roll the characters...

Well, instead of doing nothing, I'll switch my focus on making a loot system!
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 am

I don't think I count as a member because I never contribute anything. I'm one of those useless "Idea guys" that hangs around modding forums.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexx Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:47 am

And mods start from ideas Smile you're just as much a member as all of us.
Hexx
Hexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Slotha Sil Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 am

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

On an unrelated note, how do I set up a picture in my profile? Everyone seems to have them so I want one, too.
Slotha Sil
Slotha Sil

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:50 pm

I think that your cave plan is a fine idea, apart from one immediately glaring problem: from what I can tell, we haven't created rules for sodomy yet. I was sort of leaving that on the backburner for now, but if you want to whip something up, be my guest.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://elderscrollspnp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:15 am

I'm sure Fatal has rules for it. And no one will care if we rip them off.

Honestly, the only thing I'd be useful for is if we ever wanted to do military campaigns in some way. I've started reading a lot of ancient military history. But that would be totally out of place. Otherwise, Slotha Sil's technical knowledge of combat is far more useful. I mean, I do at least know the setting really well...but that's not exactly a unique asset around here.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down