Elder Scrolls Tabletop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaigns and stories.

+2
Dagoth Durr
LessRudeScrib
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Campaigns and stories. Empty Campaigns and stories.

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:36 am

So, gentlemen, what campaigns were you hoping to run? Heroic Ashlanders raiding Tel Ulvirith? A smooth-talking Cyrodil making his way in the bustling metropolis of Vivec? Maybe a young recruit, zealous but scared, to the Ordinators of Mourning, or an escaped Argonian slave in a glass mine far from home.

So, tell me, pioneers, what stories do you want to tell?
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Campaigns and stories. Empty Re: Campaigns and stories.

Post  Dagoth Durr Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 am

Ordinators in Mourning? Those guys Tamriel Rebuilt came up with?

Gonna have to be careful with that, a lot of their members strike me as the kinda faggot that would get really pissed off about someone "stealing" a concept despite the fact their mod is entirely using some one else's ideas and assets.

Also, some one totally needs to do a an Elsweyr skooma-runners campaign.
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:35 am

> Skooma-running campaign

Don't fuck with me. The last time some skooma-junkie fucked with me, I changed his name from walks-on-roofs to falls-off-roofs.
*pulls out crossbow, tilts sideways, fires off a round*
Ya feel me?
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 am

I was thinking about a campaign, set before the nerevarine. Here is sort of how it would be, I figure.

Morrowind is at a crisis. Mages have detected great unstabability with red mountain; it's about to erupt. But not just some pansy normal eruption, that happens all the time. No, I'm talking krakatoa style entire island explosion eruption. In order to contain this, a ritual is uncovered that might work. But it would require an artifact of each of the 14 daedra princes. A group is put together, perhaps from one faction or various ones working together, in order to complete this epic quest. But things are never easy when dealing with the daedra...

The missions set forth by each of the 14 would vary, but all be quite difficult or even questionable morally.

As the End draws near, it turns out this eruption is actually a six house plot. They plan to Cause the massive eruption to spew out so much blight-ash as to completely cover the planet in it's cursed effects. You would have to go up to red mountain to perform the ritual and do battle with a powerful BBEG Ash Vampire, Dagoth [insertnamehere] in a thrilling conclusion.

How's that sounding?

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Dagoth Durr wrote:Ordinators in Mourning? Those guys Tamriel Rebuilt came up with?

Gonna have to be careful with that, a lot of their members strike me as the kinda faggot that would get really pissed off about someone "stealing" a concept despite the fact their mod is entirely using some one else's ideas and assets.

Also, some one totally needs to do a an Elsweyr skooma-runners campaign.
Yeah, we might want to make some overtures to the TR guys.

One campaign I'd love to run would be a serial killer mystery, sort of like the one in St. Olms in the game, but bigger, and political. Maybe notable Telvanni or Dres are being murdered, and suspicion falls on the Twin Lamps.
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:04 pm

I've been thinking about posting on the Tamriel Rebuilt forums for advertising, to see if anyone's interested, given that they're pretty bright fellows and seem like they would be interested in a tabletop game. I'm a bit concerned about personality conflicts, though, since some of them seem somewhat high-strung. Us, man? We're chill.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://elderscrollspnp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:11 pm

I think at some point we'd have to, at least to see how they want to be cited for things they invented (Mourninators, cities, that kind of thing). I think our projects are different enough that most of the overlap would be in fluff, though. I mean, we're kind of working on opposite things - we're doing a tabletop game with the flavor or Elder Scrolls, and they're literally building more ES CRPG. I don't think there'd be much conflict.

Back on topic: how long until someone designs an Dunmer Hans Landa, dedicated to hunting down escaped beast races?
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 pm

What about the ashlanders? Those are important as well. I can imagine there must be a myraid of campaigns that could focus around them.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Oh, all kinds of Ashlander quests and character ideas.

An Ashlander in service to a great house or the Legion, sort of a noble savage type thing. Or maybe acting as a guide to the Ashlands or the ruins.

Maybe your characters are working for the East Empire Company, and have to try to convince Ashlanders to trade musk-bugs to undercut the Telvanni, or rescue a kidnapped great house scion or Imperial functionary.

Maybe give it a western flavor, where you have to defend a small ashlander settlement against Hlaalu mercenaries.

There are all kinds of fun things to do with the ashlanders.
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Speaking of the Ashlanders, I always liked Nibani Mesnsa's line about the Telvanni. Something along the lines of "I know nothing about them, except that they are ancient, terrible, and evil." It really hammered home for me how fucking terrified everyone was of the Telvanni.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Oh, man. Can you imagine a Telvanni quest line? "Go into this vampire infested den and bring me this. Now put it on. lolkill!"
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:32 pm

LessRudeScrib wrote:Oh, man. Can you imagine a Telvanni quest line? "Go into this vampire infested den and bring me this. Now put it on. lolkill!"

I can imagine a telvanni wizard hiring people as basically test subjects.

"You need a quest? Very well, first go get me the book off the top shelf over there."

*hero turns back, telvanni blasts him with debilitating curse*

"Interesting... let's try this again... afterwards, I can attempt to devise a cure."

Then the party has to go on an adventure to get the needed regents for the cure, all the while severly hampered by the curse.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Where's the coolface smiley? Because that is the best troll-quest ever.

The curse could be something that mimics the effects of vampirism, so that the party is having to avoid torch-waving locals and an angry Telvanni task-master? Hilarity might well ensue.

Last edited by LessRudeScrib on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had an idea)
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm

You ever notice how the first few Telvanni quests were basically you doing their shopping for them. Okay, pick me up some soap at the market, as well as a bit of muck, a skirt, and a nice new walking stick. Oh, and could you be a dear and deliver this letter for me? Then when you're feeling pretty good about how easy this all is, they ramp the difficulty up from "trivial" to "balls-to-the-wall", donning the mother of all trollfaces. That's the sort of feeling all quests or mercenary work for the Telvanni should inspire.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

LessRudeScrib wrote:Where's the coolface smiley? Because that is the best troll-quest ever.

The curse could be something that mimics the effects of vampirism, so that the party is having to avoid torch-waving locals and an angry Telvanni task-master? Hilarity might well ensue.

Mimics the effects of vampirism... yet it makes your stats and skills DROP by the amount vampirism raises them! All fun of being a vampire with none of the benefits!

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 am

Admin wrote:Then when you're feeling pretty good about how easy this all is, they ramp the difficulty up from "trivial" to "balls-to-the-wall", donning the mother of all trollfaces. That's the sort of feeling all quests or mercenary work for the Telvanni should inspire.
I love how it went from trivial errands to "Fetch me this ring. And I'm not even going to mention it's in the hands of a fucking Morag Tong assassin."
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 am

Maybe a Morag Tong campaign, in which the party has to confirm the identity of a recently inhumed client in Necrom. Or has to carry out a writ on a vampire.
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:43 am

LessRudeScrib wrote:Maybe a Morag Tong campaign, in which the party has to confirm the identity of a recently inhumed client in Necrom. Or has to carry out a writ on a vampire.

They have to carry out a writ on someone, but find that they had recently died of a disease before you got there. It turns out they had the Vampire disease, which causes you to actually die, then come back to life later as a vampire.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:30 am

Rainbay wrote:
LessRudeScrib wrote:Maybe a Morag Tong campaign, in which the party has to confirm the identity of a recently inhumed client in Necrom. Or has to carry out a writ on a vampire.

They have to carry out a writ on someone, but find that they had recently died of a disease before you got there. It turns out they had the Vampire disease, which causes you to actually die, then come back to life later as a vampire.
So, you get back to to main guildhall in Vivec, and Grandmaster Eno is all like "Why didn't you end his life in the finest traditions of the Morag Tong" and you're all like "I did, lol" and he's like "idiot" and then you've got a mystery!
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:36 am

LessRudeScrib wrote:
Rainbay wrote:

So, you get back to to main guildhall in Vivec, and Grandmaster Eno is all like "Why didn't you end his life in the finest traditions of the Morag Tong" and you're all like "I did, lol" and he's like "idiot" and then you've got a mystery!

Then when you finally catch the vampire, you pull of it's mask, and it turns out it was just old MR. Scrubwerler all along! He was pretending to be a vampire to chase people away from the crypt, where he was hiding his hidden PIRATE GOLD. And he would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling assassins!

Of course, then you murder him.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  LessRudeScrib Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 am

I mean, who wouldn't. You get 1000 gold when you turn in the writ AND you get to keep the mask.
LessRudeScrib
LessRudeScrib

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 am

And let's not forget his now unprotected pirate gold!

Yes, it's a good day to be a murderer.
But then what day isn't?

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:29 am

With all the times that the Dwarven example has come up in the crunch discussion, I feel obligated to include some adventures in Dwemer ruins now... I mean, the Dwarves are gone... but SOMEONE's gotta be making Dwarven armor and weapons, or else where does all that shit come from? I know Dorfs like to forge, but they've been gone for centures.
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am

Maybe one of the Dwemer ruins has a still barely functioning assembly line with animunculi forging weapons and armor?
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Jiub Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Dagoth Durr wrote:Maybe one of the Dwemer ruins has a still barely functioning assembly line with animunculi forging weapons and armor?
Or perhaps something more sinister? BWAHAHAHAHA
Saint Jiub
Saint Jiub
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum