Elder Scrolls Tabletop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaigns and stories.

+2
Dagoth Durr
LessRudeScrib
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Campaigns and stories. - Page 2 Empty Re: Campaigns and stories.

Post  Khundakar Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:52 pm

I'd really like to see something set after the events of TES3. And TES4. As in, around the time of the novel. Dunno how to hide spoilers in BBcode, so if you haven't read The Infernal City yet, here be spoilers:

After the eruption, Morrowind becomes the perfect post-apocalyptic setting. The characters would be a ragtag mix of refugee Dunmer from all corners of Morrowind hired by a hardline Telvanni magelord to go down south and form a resistance movement to drive out the Argonians. Typical mission goals would include things like assassinations, sabotage runs, and maybe even suicide missions. Or, for extra fun, instead of having Telvanni backers, make it yet another revival of House Dagoth. More than likely the Heart of Lorkhan still exists in some form, since it is sort of the heart of Nirn itself. Even without it, there are other power sources that could give those who use it tentacles for faces and make them write bad poetry.

Khundakar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Khundakar wrote:I'd really like to see something set after the events of TES3. And TES4. As in, around the time of the novel. Dunno how to hide spoilers in BBcode, so if you haven't read The Infernal City yet, here be spoilers:

After the eruption, Morrowind becomes the perfect post-apocalyptic setting. The characters would be a ragtag mix of refugee Dunmer from all corners of Morrowind hired by a hardline Telvanni magelord to go down south and form a resistance movement to drive out the Argonians. Typical mission goals would include things like assassinations, sabotage runs, and maybe even suicide missions. Or, for extra fun, instead of having Telvanni backers, make it yet another revival of House Dagoth. More than likely the Heart of Lorkhan still exists in some form, since it is sort of the heart of Nirn itself. Even without it, there are other power sources that could give those who use it tentacles for faces and make them write bad poetry.

Morrowind didn't completely explode until after the time when oblivion takes place, I thought?
I also remember reading that The Heart still exists, only not in the physical sense. Nerevarine only destroyed its physical presense, what that actually means though I don't know as far as plots could go.

Post apocolyptic Morrowind actually sounds really, really fun though. I was wondering how it would be handled, but that makes me think somewhat of fallout, except instead of nuke, ultra volcano explosion. And with all the wars an the southern region, no shortage of action to find.

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Khundakar Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Yeah, Baar Dau, aka The Ministry of Truth, fell after The Oblivion Crisis, during the early Fourth Era. Sorry if I sounded like I was saying otherwise.

Oh, and Umbriel itself would be the perfect setting for a more dialogue-focused game. The players could take the roles of minor nobles trying to edge their way up to the top of society. What better setting for a political game than a piece Clavicus Vile's relm?

Khundakar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm guessing Imperials with the lady birthsign might have an unfair advantage when it comes to intrigue. Although a tough Nord enforcer could have their way of... convincing... the political rivals as well.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Khundakar Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

That reminds me, have we begun to work on the disposition and bartering mechanics yet? One of the worst parts of Morrowind was how overly simple and broken vanilla persuasion worked. It was way too easy to make any NPC in the game either love you or hate your guts so bad they assault you. Bartering was way too easy too. None of the merchants had any sense for money whatsoever, save perhaps Ababael Timsar-Dadisun, the master trainer for mercantile and writer of The Buying Game.

Khundakar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Khundakar wrote:That reminds me, have we begun to work on the disposition and bartering mechanics yet? One of the worst parts of Morrowind was how overly simple and broken vanilla persuasion worked. It was way too easy to make any NPC in the game either love you or hate your guts so bad they assault you. Bartering was way too easy too. None of the merchants had any sense for money whatsoever, save perhaps Ababael Timsar-Dadisun, the master trainer for mercantile and writer of The Buying Game.

Hey, they spent all their money and it was all back by the next day. They must have been doing something right!
And no, I don't think we totally have it worked out yet. I recall in one of the threads personality and such came up, but I'll have to check which one. Most people are focused on Combat and nailing down that, since that is a large part.

However, if you want to work on the more subtle skills of etiquette, streetwise and persuading people and such, feel free. YOu seem like you could actually put together a pretty good system for that sort of thing. And even if you aren't, anything is better than nothing. All ideas are welcome, if only to spark debate on the topic. You might even get it right away!

EDIT: Oh... and for a campaign idea. We always hear about the nords coming around every now and then to fuck with morrowind. What about a campaign where your party is trying to fight back against their latest incursion, eventually culminating in your party following them back into skyrim to finish the fight on their turf.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Khundakar Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Rainbay wrote:
Hey, they spent all their money and it was all back by the next day. They must have been doing something right!
And no, I don't think we totally have it worked out yet. I recall in one of the threads personality and such came up, but I'll have to check which one. Most people are focused on Combat and nailing down that, since that is a large part.

However, if you want to work on the more subtle skills of etiquette, streetwise and persuading people and such, feel free. YOu seem like you could actually put together a pretty good system for that sort of thing. And even if you aren't, anything is better than nothing. All ideas are welcome, if only to spark debate on the topic. You might even get it right away!

I'm horrible with numbers, but I'll try. I've given some thought to how I would do it in-game if I could, so that's a start at least.

Rainbay wrote:
EDIT: Oh... and for a campaign idea. We always hear about the nords coming around every now and then to fuck with morrowind. What about a campaign where your party is trying to fight back against their latest incursion, eventually culminating in your party following them back into skyrim to finish the fight on their turf.

Oh man, that sounds awesome. The fact that The Infernal City mentions that many Dunmer refugees ended up on Solsthiem suggests that they somehow took the island from the Nords, who took it from the Empire during its collapse. That must have been one hell of a battle.

Khundakar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 am

I'm talking with my future players and we've decided on third era Morrowind for the setting, maybe a century or two before the Nerevarine. Right now for villains I'm thinking a small group of resurgent Alessians tired with Imperial tolerance of Dunmer culture. Is this stupid?
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbay Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Dagoth Durr wrote:I'm talking with my future players and we've decided on third era Morrowind for the setting, maybe a century or two before the Nerevarine. Right now for villains I'm thinking a small group of resurgent Alessians tired with Imperial tolerance of Dunmer culture. Is this stupid?

No, it's awesome. Could always show the fact that you have to be careful in your dealings, as if you step on to many toes in your combating the Alessians, you end up pissing of the empire.

Rainbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Khundakar Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Dagoth Durr wrote:I'm talking with my future players and we've decided on third era Morrowind for the setting, maybe a century or two before the Nerevarine. Right now for villains I'm thinking a small group of resurgent Alessians tired with Imperial tolerance of Dunmer culture. Is this stupid?

Could throw in the Maruhkati Selective too. The two groups were pretty well-intertwined with each other. As far as I know they haven't been heard from since they (allegedly) danced on the Tower and caused the (alleged) Middle Dawn, so there's plenty of room for interpretation as to what happened to them. According to one fan theory, they became the Aedra.

Khundakar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagoth Durr Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:33 am

I'm having trouble finding a lot of specifics on either of them on the Imperial Library.

All I know is:
Monotheistic (They worship Shezarr? Or Alessia? Or something else?)
Hate the Elven influenced Aedra
Hate Elves
Apparently were pretty puritan

And for the Maruhkati Selective:
Apparently really liked the prophet Maruhk
Broke time.

Can someone point me to some more enlightening documents?
Dagoth Durr
Dagoth Durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum